Thread: June 2009 Entry: Assassin's Lair

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip June 2009 Entry: Assassin's Lair

Not that I need to participate in nor have time for another challenge, the subject intrigues me. Plus, I seldom do hand-drawn encounter scale maps, I usually do that for regional maps. So as an experiment, I am doing a detailed lair of an assassin, all hand-drawn.

Life as a man-slayer is both lonely and secretive, especially for those who worship, Cerene, the God of Death. He follows no guild and is always in need of safe house to keep aside the tools of the trade and a place to escape when the authorities are too close.

The Amulet of Cerene is a pendant of thirteen jewels set in a curious pattern that actually depicts the layout of the Assassin's Lair itself. At the center is a ruby that represents the entry/exit portal to the actual lair, as life begins and ends in blood. Four square bloodstones surround that represent the halls to the outer chambers and manifests greater arcane enhancement to the Amulet itself. (Darkovian bloodstones of the CWBP).

Black diamonds represent the chambers beyond the ruby entry stone.

The amulet hangs from a gold chain worn around the assassin's neck. Bringing one's right hand to enclose the amulet, an activation word is uttered silently and one is immediately transported to the lair itself, disappearing from whereever one is, to an extra dimensional space located within the solid rock of a mountain itself.

More coming soon.

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cerene.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	354.2 KB 
ID:	14028  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 06-09-2009 at 01:50 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations