Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: June Entry: Druid's Tree

Im glad to see this is going to multi-leveled.

The only thing I see the looks off so far is the flat stone path leading up to the tree through the mushrooms. There is a big root that is covering over the stones.

Seems like a lot of work for the druid to get the stone under that root. I would maybe remove the stones that are being run over by the root.

Its small, but it does stick out.

I tried to create some shadows that indicate that the roots arch above ground in places, but perhaps it's not clear enough. I'll look into it.

Guild Journeyer

So, this would be a house where the walls really could talk?

Creepy.

But very cool design so far.

I hated the last layout of the interior, so I redesigned it a bit adding more decor, a cabinet, shelves, scrolls, a few more chairs, a rug, and a large brass scrying bowl to the center table.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Druid-Tree-WIP3.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	814.9 KB 
ID:	14195  

Absolutely love the new interior MM GReat work!

I agree Mystic, you new interior looks much better. Look much more like a "common" room in a house. Great work, and Im really looking forward to more.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticMagellan View Post
    I tried to create some shadows that indicate that the roots arch above ground in places, but perhaps it's not clear enough. I'll look into it.
    You know what? I didnt even notice the shadows. Now that you mention it, they are right in front of my face. Now that I see them, yeah, the stones look just fine now.

Here is Level 2 of the Druid's Tree. The layout follows the theme of a work room, complete with tanning table, tools, barrels and shelves for storing tanning solutions and dyes, and cabinet for books and scrolls related to crafting. Everything is custom drawn in illustrator and touched up in photoshop.

I've isolated the level on textured parchment, and I'm wondering if I should do the same for Level 1, then isolate the exterior from the interiors for anyone interested in using it as a terrain map.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Druid-TreeCU-Level2WIP1.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	388.4 KB 
ID:	14264  

Blog Entries

Heh - I like that, its awesome with the bear 'n all. That was his best mate there until Mr Ranger stuck him with a few quarrels. Ahh but poor ole Gladys the bunny - shes not half as chatty all stretched out like that...
    Last edited by Redrobes; 06-19-2009 at 08:39 PM.

Isolated Level 1. Added front door.

Name:	Druid-TreeCU-Level1WIP1.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	454.9 KB 
ID:	14286  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast