Thread: The Manor of Mnemon Elena

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member

You are missing the toilet. Unless you consider her to have an outhouse even when she has an upstairs bathroom - which I think unlikely in itself if there is no plumbing. Even the richest people are not inclined to let their servants haul lots of hot water upstairs from the kitchen, if it is only because it means additional waiting time and chances for accidents. In all the old houses I've seen and partially lived in, even up to the middle of this century, the bathrooms are all downstairs next to the kitchen.

Pet peeve of mine

Otherwise I like it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lwaxana View Post
    Even the richest people are not inclined to let their servants haul lots of hot water upstairs from the kitchen, if it is only because it means additional waiting time and chances for accidents. In all the old houses I've seen and partially lived in, even up to the middle of this century, the bathrooms are all downstairs next to the kitchen.
    Yeah, I think this is mostly true. Baths were usually downstairs or they put a tub in the garden on bathing day. The beauty of creating fantasy is that you can sometimes ignore realism I have a castle with an upstairs bathroom as well.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...