Quote Originally Posted by DungeonMasterGaz View Post
There is one thing though, and it sprang out at me when I was studying your map in Dragon – I would have liked to have seen a map key. I’m not sure what the difference is between the square settlements and the circle ones. I imagine towns/villages(?) but don’t know which is which, and are the crescent moon symbols moonwells? I’m guessing here because my knowledge of FR is only limited and I imagine it would be very confusing to anyone reading your map who has no knowledge of FR lore.
DMG
I guess that without the Realmslore text accompanying the map the symbols can be a bit confusing. Sorry about that. The conventions used here are pretty standard but I'll make sure to include a small key somewhere on all upcoming regional maps like this one. Filled squares are ruins, filled white circles are villages, filled black circles are cities, filled black circles surrounded by a white circle are large cities, black stars surrounded by a white circle are capital cities, moons are druid groves or Moonwells, and black X's are points of interest.

Hope this helps,
Mike