hey ChickPea... you and I sort of have something in common! my father is a first generation American, from Scotland. My father's family originated above Inverness. My first word was actually in gaelic... according to both my parents. Gaelic was my first language... but I'll be hanged if I remember much of it now!

This is a really cool discussion! May I add my two cents worth? I just completed(and posted) my first local map, of the starting home base village for my Larysia Campaign. Larysia btw... is a take on my gaelic/celtic heritage. I'm part of the Cambell McLeod clan... and the Laery clan. Larysia is a changing of the name of Laery.

Anyway.. my player homebase... is the little village of Ardenvale. Now Arden is one of the cetic translations for the gaelic word river. And a vale, if memory serves, is a small pocket valley filled with trees. My village is in a little valley on the edge of my Wilderune Forest, and is nestled against the River Arden. Hence Ardenvale, literally means valley at the river. And my Wilderune Forest, is so named because of the wild magic that permeates it.

And in my Aeterna map(so named because the inhabitants are gods therefor immortal- not yet posted) there is a mountain range called the Dragonspire Mountains... because the peninsula they start in looks somewhat like a dragon's head, and the mountain range has the feel of the bony ridge down a dragon's back....