Hi Hoseman,

Thanks! Good eye - I copied the same landmass from the first drawing into the second drawing and changed all of its entity properties to match those of landmasses in the Mercator style.

The colors I chose for the political boundries were a personal choice, the most obvious being that I chose green for Inismore, the 7th Sea equivalent of Ireland. Colors like these are actually quite typical of many Mercator style maps. Looking at my John Speed's Atlas of England and Wales, he seemed to use a lot of yellows, pinks and purples for the political borders (in this case borders of the different English counties) too.

In CC3 terms, the political boundries can be any color in the CC3 pallete. The mapping guide included with the Mercator style pack from the Cartographers Annual includes full instructions for creating these political borders. These borders don't have to match up to the continents or islands either. They can divide landmasses, follow rivers, or just cut across an open plain. There is a very brief discussion in this guide about the Mercator style, but it doesn't really go into as much depth as would an encyclopedia article. So yes, it's more of a guide to achieve the desired style. I would suggest Googling Gerard Mercator and John Speed to learn more and see some sample maps of their related styles.

Thanks again.