Thread: Inn and Tavern

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

Wip

Very cryptic suggestion, Daniel-san. You keep holding that pebble out there and I'll be back in a while. Did you have a certain sheet effect in mind? I'm already using quite a few. Blurs, Transparencies, Point Lights, Bevels, Wall Shadow Directional, Drop Shadows.

So here's my quick tuesday afternoon touch-up. I created a new stair way using a wooden pier from the CSUAC collection. I doubled it, reduced it, changed the colors, then gave it a small perspective shift all in PS before importing the .png into CC3 as a symbol.

Inside CC3 I placed it where the old stairs were, then created banister uprights along the stairs. This wasn't enough so I manually added some shadows falling onto the steps and between the steps and wall using the right-most fireplace as the light source.

Has this helped any? Or is this just a more complex version of the map with the same problem? To me, they are obviously stairs because I placed them. However, if they aren't coming through right to observers I need to keep working.

Edit: As a side note... I know the original comments were concerning the stairs on (and access to) the 2nd floor but I work from the ground up so I need to make sure the ground floor is accurate and complete before I move on to fixing the upper floor. It's just the way I do things.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zedford Tavern and Inn Floor 1v2.JPG 
Views:	529 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	14186  
    Last edited by KeithC; 06-16-2009 at 04:31 PM.