Thread: City Map - Opal Island

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hobbitt Estates, Greater Kansas City Metro Area, Kansas, USA

Thanks for all the positive replies - it means a lot to me.

Yeah, Opal Island kind of became the place for Temples. When it was first settled by PCs, there was a tremendous amount of religious persecution. So, one of my players decided to play a Paladin. Then another PC died, so he made a Priest, so on and so on until their Free City became this bastion of Religion, Philosophy, Civilized Debate, and Academics.

I will try to get a newer image posted as soon as I can. I have been bed-ridden and cannot make it to the computer with all the appropriate files. I needed more datum represented so I had to color in the buildings - especially the unknown ones. So - Sim City style I colored the buildings in based on their primary usage using three different shades of each color. The darker the color the more "dense" that building is. For instance, I use Red to designate multi-family residential areas. The lightest shade might be a married older couple whose children and their families live there as well. While a great big darkest red pretty much represents Roman style apartments. Blue is commercial - goods for sale, Purple is mixed, a store or two on bottom with folks living in the upper level; I also use orange, yellow, and green but thanks to my medications, I cannot recall their use from the top of my head. I also constructed a building contents generator based on these colors. So you don't need to know where every thing is all the time.
    City of Opal Island Map (Featured Map Winner...yay!): http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=5966
    Various maps from my Homebrew Game: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=5407
    Unless I explicitly state otherwise you have my permission to use my maps in any capacity needed just give me credit. If you make money off them somehow, that's awesome - let me know! In fact, I LOVE to hear about the ways maps I make are used.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

love the detail