Hello to all.

I've been thinking about getting back in to world building for quite some time now. Back in the early to mid nineties I used to love spending my evenings drawing maps and creating mythologies and fantastical cultures to go along with them. In 1995 I turned my attention to script writing and my world building endeavours fell by the wayside. As the years went on my old maps got moved around, crumpled and dirtied. To my great regret just after the turn of the century I threw them away.

As a young lad my parents would take me on holiday to a beautiful seaside town called Swanage in Dorset, England. It was a wonderful place to visit as a youngster. Surrounded by hills and woods, this old quarry town was steeped in tales of pirates and witchcraft. It was there that, as a 13 year old, I bought and read Tolkien's wonderful The Lord of the Rings. How could reading a book like that in a magical place like that not affect me profoundly.

As of this year, some twenty or more years after reading The Lord of the Rings, I now live in Swanage. And now I have the itch to start world building again. This looks like an absolutely fantastic site and I look forward to meeting and chatting with you all. World building is a very niche hobby, so it'll be nice to converse with people with common interests.

emotaku