Thread: June/July Entry: Kellingtown Ruins

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip June/July Entry: Kellingtown Ruins

Now, I know I may be stretching the definition of the challenge's task. But I thought, "Why not an abandoned city set in the future?"

I played the Fallout games, and having enjoyed the last one (yes, I liked FO3; sue me ) and recently having read The Road I went on to create a survivalist's map of the town I grew up in.

The map was created using CC3 with the Early Modern City Map template that I used to trace the road net of Kellinghusen (or Kellingtown as it was known to the GIs stationed there).

Instead of major finds (as the original cartographer said - there were none) I included three of the town's landmark buildings as details and means of orientation. Kind of like the surveyor maps we had in the military had sketches of landmarks on their back to allow orientation in the field.

I inserted PNGs of those landmarks into the map and drew over them to create a somewhat handdrawn feel.

Finally, I added map comments from three different persons to give the map a bit of history.

What's left? Adding effects and filters, mostly, because the map looks way too crisp for its supposed age, but I'll save that for during the coming week.

In the meantime I'd welcome any and all comments, constructive criticisms and suggestions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kellingtown.JPG 
Views:	181 
Size:	418.2 KB 
ID:	14330