After considerable thought (as well as a whole lot of experimentation and research), I've decided to return to the Haevenstadt Project. The biggest influence pushing me back to this project was the fact that I'd already researched and detailed quite a bit of the background behind this particular world (or part of the world as the case may be). With somewhere around 400 pages worth of information (basic religious, folklore, language, historical, geographical, astronomical, astrological and creation both physical and mythical), it was really the only decision that made sense. I'll work at presenting some of that information (along with some of the techniques I'm using) as I progress through the actual mapping process.

For the time being, I wanted to post the updated version of the original map I had been using for this project. One of the big changes was the overall area represented by the map. The world on which Haevenstadt is located is a rather large world (think in terms of twice the size of Earth). With that in mind, the area detailed below takes up about 1/3rd of the northern hemisphere ranging from the 15th to the 76th parallels. This is going to give me a lot of space to work with, so I should be able to get fairly detailed with things. Another thing to keep in mind is that I'll be rebuilding the actual elevations to better represent a combination of both the physical and mythological events that have shaped the world. That is going to take some time, but, now that I've finished up with much of my experimentation in combining FTPro, Wilbur and Terragen, should move along smoothly enough that it won't take forever. ( Famous last words, yes? ).

In any event, no major labeling yet, but the land masses are fairly stabilized now, though I will be tweaking them slightly as needed to better represent some of the roughness along the coastal regions.

GW