Thread: Alternate Europa

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm working in layers.

The thing with the rivers extending into the sea. The sea used to be "above" the rivers, so you couldn't see the ends. Just forgot that when I moved the sea layer further down.

The blur tip doesn't quite work. Instead of looking like a pixelated line that somebody drew with the pencil tool, they now look like a blurry line that somebody drew with the pencil tool.

There is no blend mode for the colors. I think I'll throw up a tutorial to tell what I did. It's a bunch of layers, and the last one is a bit complicated.

What you might try is drawing your rivers with paths, then stroking the paths with a paint brush. That might help with the pixellization. There's also a GIMP script RobA put together to make tapered rivers on paths that you could look for.

Alternatively you could use the rivers as a mask on your land layer, so that instead of thin black lines you can see thin lines of your sea color through your landmass. You might want to make your river lines ever so slightly bigger in that case.
    Last edited by Alecthar; 06-23-2009 at 09:01 AM.
    "Unless I'm allowed to carry around a gun to shoot their giant killer-spiders, Australia needs to stay the hell away from me. Also Australians, who if they have lived this long are obviously agents of the spiders and not to be trusted."