Thread: mystery islands

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

It's just my lil homage to a certain, uh, interesting group of islands in the Mediterranean that may, or may not, be home to a certain fabled city. Of course my islands look nothing like Santorini but oh well I'm just messing around with mtn techniques.

For tonight I've been mostly experimenting on the mtns (about 6 hours) but eventually just threw my hands in the air and gave up. So I added some more texture to the land and some minor coastal tweaks...nothing post-worthy. Next up I really want to do something about my horrid Atlantis rings and then I'll do the rivers, towns and such.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    It's just my lil homage to a certain, uh, interesting group of islands in the Mediterranean that may, or may not, be home to a certain fabled city. Of course my islands look nothing like Santorini but oh well I'm just messing around with mtn techniques.

For tonight I've been mostly experimenting on the mtns (about 6 hours) but eventually just threw my hands in the air and gave up. So I added some more texture to the land and some minor coastal tweaks...nothing post-worthy. Next up I really want to do something about my horrid Atlantis rings and then I'll do the rivers, towns and such.
    Wasn't that a volcanic explosion that ripped out that section of the island?

Though I supposed that could indeed be the origin of Atlantis stories, given that the resulting tidal wave was supposed to have utterly annihilated Minoan civilization.
    "Unless I'm allowed to carry around a gun to shoot their giant killer-spiders, Australia needs to stay the hell away from me. Also Australians, who if they have lived this long are obviously agents of the spiders and not to be trusted."