Thread: Brigands' Caverns

Post Brigands' Caverns

Here's my finished map for the brigands caverns for my AD&D game. The WIP Thread is here. To recap the background, a motley group of brigands call these caves home. The leader of the brigands is a nasty human Fighter named 'Kraggor the Grim' and his comrades in arms are a Half-Ogre Fighter named 'Tharg the Brute' and a female Troll Shaman named 'Golga'. The cannon fodder include 13 human brigands, 12 orcs, 18 goblin worg-riders and 18 worgs. Kraggor has his own massive worg called Bloodhunt.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brigands_caverns.jpg 
Views:	516 
Size:	925.1 KB 
ID:	14158

Since I've been asked for a version without numbers, here you go.

Name:	brigands_caverns_v1.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	919.7 KB 
ID:	14159

And here's a version without numbers & grid.

Name:	brigands_caverns_v2.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	904.1 KB 
ID:	14160
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Thanks so much for the differing versions! I love the look and feel of it.

No problem, Phantos. Turning off the numbers (and grid) only took seconds to do.
    Cheers,
    Tim

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Schley's Avatar

Nice work.

One thing I'd take a look at it is the glow around the torches and fire pits. It looks like you've applied a subtle glow already but for some reason it's reading a bit blue and slightly darker than the area's outside the torchlight. I'd suggest adding a hard light or screen layer below your objects and painting in a warm orange glow with a round brush (Hardness 0%). Use the hue/saturation after you paint in the glow to tweak the color.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the tip, Schley. I plan on toning back the shadowy ring that surrounds the fire pits and eliminate them all together for the torches. I'm just have to find the time to get back to that map.
    Cheers,
    Tim

As always, your work is stunning.

Great lighting and I like the fact that it isn't a level cave. I like how you did showed that with lighting and the step lines. I also like the clean simplicity of it all.