Thread: CC3 Question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by jaerdaph
    Hi Koor,
    What you want to do is *right* click on the copy button on the left side, select Copy to Clipboard from the drop down menu list of copy commands, select the continent (and anything on it) you want to copy to the new map, left click and select Do It, move the cursor to a point somewhere in the center of the continent and left click again (this gives you a central point for when you paste it into the new map). Create a new map from a template that meets your needs, and in that new map select the Edit Menu and then Paste. Click on the new map where you want everything you copied to appear (your central point from above will correspond to where you click in the new map). Everything you copy over should have the exact same properties as the original map (sheet, layer, colors, line widths, fill styles etc.).
    Just wanted to say this was one of the most useful tips I've ever seen for CC (and it works for CC2, which is what I'm still using). Thanks, jaerdaph!

Guild Novice

Post Similiar Issue

I'm trying to resolve a similar issue. I have a world map, from which I'm trying to create smaller, regional maps. I tried using the Copy to Clipboard option, but whenever I attempt to paste the contents of the clipboard to a new map template, it does not work. Instead of pasting the part of my map I selected, it pastes some text I had copied much earlier.

I'm actually trying to copy a small section of a very large continent, not an entire continent. I'm wondering if by trying to copy a part of a large entity (the continent) I'm confusing CC3 somehow?

I may just try to create a copy of the world map and delete everything outside of the area I want to detail. Is there any way to select this area and delete everything outside of it with one command?

I hope my questions aren't too arcane!
    Last edited by tjp123; 02-18-2008 at 11:33 AM. Reason: mispelling!
    - Tom!

Quote Originally Posted by tjp123 View Post
    I'm trying to resolve a similar issue. I have a world map, from which I'm trying to create smaller, regional maps. I tried using the Copy to Clipboard option, but whenever I attempt to paste the contents of the clipboard to a new map template, it does not work. Instead of pasting the part of my map I selected, it pastes some text I had copied much earlier.

I'm actually trying to copy a small section of a very large continent, not an entire continent. I'm wondering if by trying to copy a part of a large entity (the continent) I'm confusing CC3 somehow?

I may just try to create a copy of the world map and delete everything outside of the area I want to detail. Is there any way to select this area and delete everything outside of it with one command?

I hope my questions aren't too arcane!
    Make sure on you map, you have all sheets/layers etc shown you want to copy, and unthawed.

Then, right click on the COPY icon, choose COpy to Clipboard and then click/drag the selection window to select everything you want to copy.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    Make sure on you map, you have all sheets/layers etc shown you want to copy, and unthawed.
    Thank you Neon! I'll try your suggestion when I get home later.

By the way, what exactly do you mean by "unthawed"?
    - Tom!

Quote Originally Posted by tjp123 View Post
    Thank you Neon! I'll try your suggestion when I get home later.

By the way, what exactly do you mean by "unthawed"?
    To prevent one from accidently selecting images/points/etc from LAYERS you are not working on, you can FREEZE a layer, or THAW a LAYER to select it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	2400  
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Guild Novice

Post thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    To prevent one from accidently selecting images/points/etc from LAYERS you are not working on, you can FREEZE a layer, or THAW a LAYER to select it.
    Ah! Thanks again!
    - Tom!