The book is exceptionally girl centric so my first concern was "How do I run this with boys too?" [Ahem] I was ranting so I'll just say that the perception that girls are good, magical and beautiful and that boys are non-magical or homely or evil that comes from the book was really off putting at first. Otherwise, I love the whole thing. If I were to suggest a way to mitigate that perception, it would be to give equal time to boy pixies and brownies as well as girl sprites and pookas. Also, making one or two of the goblins or dark faeries as girls would also help. It just needs a bit more balance...oops, ranting again.

Thinking about where the story will go from here, I'm leaning toward exploring the impact of Dark Essence more. It seems Boan, Lord of Gloaming Glen, needs help as someone has blocked the Gloaming stream and his beautiful glen is withering away. The Princess Joy gives the quest to the newly made Knights of Merry Brook. Unbeknownst to the knights and Princess Joy, Boan is already tainted by Dark Essence and by the third day, visible signs of change will creep into Boan's appearance. Will the knights be able to save Gloaming Glen? Will they be able to help the once noble pixie lord, Boan, to purge himself of the Darkness growing in his heart?