Well, RP, I am definitely not slamming the game, that's for sure. Tell Pat I like it; I bought it "cold" & never regretted the purchase.

It's just that I think the very notion of miniature faeries is the "culprit"; this is built into the milieu, the concept itself. My boy somehow, by nature, is very "boy"--sports, wrestling, etc. are his thing (& it's odd, because neither my wife nor I are Joe America six-pack NASCAR construction worker types [although I have close friends who are] who fostered this; it's just him, just the natural make up of male vs. female.) My son would love "D&D" type fantasy, & I may go that route someday, but since he's only 6 I wanted to hold off on that for awhile yet.

Anyway, the mechanic behind Faery's Tale is so age-appropriate, clever, & clear that I'd like to see it reworked. If you have seen the "Zorcerer of Zo", this sort of literary fairy tale setting is much closer to non-gender specific, I think, & would be a great for Sweeney's game mechanic.

(& as a side note, it really cheesed me off when I tripped across that "Zo" game, because I was about 10 pages "in process" of creating a world exactly like that, thinking that for once I had come up with an original rpg idea!! I hate being beaten to the punch--and every single time, too! It's just like the time in the 70s I had the idea for computers to talk to one another over phone lines...)