Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
Not to be negative, but...

1. You said you've tried some tutorials, but they all sucked. Did you try the trials available on this site? Many are great tutorials and right up your ally in style.

2. While I am also a (very financially weak) but first time publisher and while I am creating all my own maps, I am having to pay for art - cover design, interior illustrations. I wouldn't dare ask an artist to do that for free.

3. Since your project is commercial and you seem to be only looking for a single map, I'd check your billfold and see if you can come up with $50, I'll bet you'll find plenty of cartographers if you were willing tp pay some reasonable amount of money. Don't pay until you get the map.

Only for a private, non-commercial user, would I even think to offer a map for no pay. For commercial users, pay or no map, is how I see things. Still somebody may comply. I just don't think its a good idea to ask for a commercial project map and no pay.

Expectations that a successful product will get more maps, seems OK, but will you be a success, risk the hope to create a map for no pay - too much risk.

My 2 cents.

GP
1. The tutorials here are excellent it just came out wrong "my" attempts at the tuts sucked.

2. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to do *anything* for free. No such thing as a free lunch.

Someone pointed me in this direction, figured it doesn't hurt to try.

-mike