First drawing, and a little help, please?

OK, here's my first drawing using CC3...

You can download it from here
http://www.practicalairsoft.co.uk/cc/downloads.html

The issue is as follows:

Set-up: Win2K-SP4 / CC3 / CD Pro / SS3 (Modern)

I've cured the layering and sheets issues I had; now I need to tidy up the poly fills for the woodland, as to be frank, it just looks messy.

I've followed earlier advice from the CC-2 Mailing List regarding using the CC3 ability to use symbol fills in poly shapes, and that's worked just fine: The problem is that en-mass in a large poly shape, they can be, well, overpowering is a good word for it, as you can see above. So I need to to know how to fill a poly shape with a different symbol than those supplied in the poly fill dialogue box.

In the lead up to this (i.e., preparation), I've also tried to make custom symbols for this, but cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this - the help files are, I find, confusing, and the CCComplete pdf file from ProFantasy is again, confusing, as it only relates to CC2, which, as you can imagine, is somewhat infuriating, to say the least.

So, I also need to know how to generate a brand new symbol custom set: I cannot seem to find any plain English explanation of how to do this, and believe me, I've looked.

Folks, I'm at hair-in-clumps-on-the-floor time here - a little help, please?

Thanks in advance,