• Jar of Refuge -- Rovingjack

2 3.92%
  • Gryphon's Watch -- Steel General

2 3.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: *** June Challenge Voting - A Home Away From Home

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

this was a hard vote for me because I'm a bit of a magpie and like the shiny items and a good story about them.

Sorry to those I didn't vote for, but when it came down to it, as much as I would like to have a portable island I would have liked to see it done as a birds eye view map perhaps with an inset floor plan. It is a wonderful illustration of a great concept, but if I were to use it for something I'd have to fill in more info to use it.

And I have this nagging fear like I'm dealing with a Djinn, that while it's clear how to get from outside the globe into it it's not entirely clear how one gets back out, and where you come back out to.

That turned out to be a factor with several of the ideas.

I chose the inn at the end of the world. For the size and complexity of the created maps. Lovely all around. I can even case the joint ... I mean admire the decor.

I also chose the druids tree, and I'm not entirely sure why, maybe it has to do with the cottage in the wilderness feel that is conveyed by it or the concept of using the abundance of nature to provide a rich and varried personel fortress. Again the details of the sort of lived in candid shot of the living areas and the size and detail were a deciding factor.

My two votes went out to Gameprinter and Redrobes. Unfortunately I can't rep either one of you until I spread it around a little. I absolutley love the Assassin's Lair. That magic item is something that gives so much color and depth to any story. The drawing is amazing as well and makes it a no brainer for my first vote.

I also love the story surrounding Sorrosen and his caravan. The map of the caravan is outstanding. The entire image has such a wonderful life to it.