Thread: [taken]-[paid]City Map, details within

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Eep, I had no idea about the PM rule. I feel hesitant to post my email, so I guess I'll wander around saying random stuff til I reach 5 posts. >.>

Anyway, I attached the basic idea of the layout of my city. The brown indicates bluffs/highlands/cliffs/whatever. The red lines are the walls. The blue is the ocean, except on the right of Correllon's Torrent, where there is supposed to be land but I forgot to extend the coast line before I used my fill tool. :p

A bit of history - the town was originally built by dwarfs thousands of years ago, and only the poorest actually lived on the plains since the dwarfs prefer the sturdiness of hills and mountains. It was conquered by the elves a few hundred years ago, and they spruced up a bunch of the lower city and put the civic district on the Feyisle (trying to differentiate themselves from the previous government). When the dwarfs revolted and reasserted their right to rule, they moved operations back up to the top of the city, but the neighborhoods the elves built up still remain in very good condition (and house lots of non-dwarves these days).

Neighborhood list (labeled on the map) and stuff that's in each:
    Ruler’s Rise: Civic District, King's castle grounds, Embassy District, Noble Estates, Temple District, Fine Shops
    Emoth’s Knoll: Finance district, guildhalls, middle class homes and markets
    Griffoncrest: Mostly residential, spread from apartments to wealthy homes
    The Crags: Apartments and slums
    The Bluffwarrens: Slums and tenements
    The Feyisle: Elf neighborhoods, parks, old civic district
    Correllon’s Torrent: University, magic districts, elf neighborhoods, temple district, noble estates
    Whitebeach: Guildhalls, coliseum, middle class housing
    The Docks: Docks & warehouses
    Tanner’s Quarter: Tannery districts, tenements, slums
    Deltashire: Apartments and slums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jartor.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	257.4 KB 
ID:	14563  
    Last edited by Duerma; 07-01-2009 at 02:55 PM.