Thread: [WIP] Canthar: World Map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip The Shadowfell

One of the continents in my world is actually part of the Shadowfell. When the cataclysm I mentioned hit Canthar, its effects rippled through Canthar’s twins – The Shadowfell and the Feywild. While the Feywild remained largely untouched, the Shadowfell actually collided with the natural world, piercing the planar boundaries and creating a planar breach. This planar breach has created an area of violent storms, known as The Dread Expanse, from which protrudes part of the Shadowfell itself.

Where this Shadowfell continent enters Canthar, I need to create the illusion of a jagged area of land emerging from a region of dark, necrotic storms. To do this I first selected the coastline and split it in two places along the top, and deleted that piece of the coastline. This edge will become the part that disappears into the Dread Expanse.

To make the exposed edge fade into the Shadowfell, I created a new drawtool called “Land, Edge”, but didn’t add a coastline to this tool. I used this drawtool to draw a smoother edge to the Shadowfell continent and forced this drawtool onto a new sheet which I placed above the sheets with the land on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tyrhoc_2.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	14664   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tyrhoc_3.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	14665   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tyrhoc_4.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	14666  
    Attached Images Attached Images