Thanks, Scriptkitty! Even though I speak some Japanese, and I am half-Japanese, if you haven't looked around the site to see, but I am working on my own Japanese setting intended for publication next month. Kaidan: a Japanese Ghost Story setting.

For place names I know things like island (shima) or mountain (yama) so I've simply taken existing names of things and places I know like Hiroshima, and came up with somethings like Hiroyama, to twist things up a bit, sounding very Japanese and having moderate accuracy.

Your links above will prove an incredible boon, however, as I've been pretty much winging it as I went along. I didn't want to replicate actual Japanese cities and towns (much), since my Japanese like islands are completely ficitional.

So thank you. Look around the site, I've got several threads dealing with Kaidan, my setting. I've also got a Genpei War map (a map of an actual war in its last year of 1185 AD) as my February Map Challenge entry as well as my Ukiyo-e style map objects in the Mapping Elements page. So I could really use those links in my work.

I'm also glad you finally posted someplace. I did see your votes in this month's challenge, so I know you want to participate here. Glad you finally did!

GP

PS: have some REP!