Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Jartor - Commission request

Probably best to send him a message
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Well, I did see Duerma looking at the map a few minutes ago... so he's still alive
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

I'm here! Thanks for sending me the message - I've been busy the last few days preparing for a trip to visit my parents for a couple weeks. And honestly, when you said it would take "a few weeks" I was thinking, OK, end of September or something like that. I did NOT expect it so quickly! My adventurers are only just leaving the city tonight.

Would it be horridly ungrateful of me to ask for little changes re: the labeling? I'd just want to add a couple places the adventurers have already visited within the city, and change a few names to be consistent with the campaign world (mostly the temples). If it's OK, then I'll PM you tomorrow about it (right now, folks are on their way here and I need to finish getting ready!).

Thank you SO much again. This is totally AMAZING, and so much better than I ever hoped for.

PS: @Gandwarf - I'm a she. In my initial request thread I said I was a mum of 3 in diapers which is why I was wary of doing it myself.

My pleasure Duerma. Changing the labelling is no problem at all. I had hoped to do the final process together with you for that reason. Now it's the morning and I'm feeling a little more energised again I might take a stab at doing a proper title for it.

What we can also do (and this was on my to-do list) is colour individual buildings by type. So for example, all the taverns in the city can be brown, the temples red etc. Part of the reason for the rushed finish is that I'm about to become a dad of 1 in two weeks so time is begining to press.

Although I'm pretty 'city mapped' out, if you would like a map of your campaign world, I can do that for my next project if you like (it will be much faster), but it would be great if you could continue writing your blog recording the adventure. I enjoyed reading it and as I don't have time to RPG any more, reading about the adventures is the next best thing for me!

Eep. I've just re-read your description of the various neighbourhoods and notice that I have forgotten to put a collosium (sp?) in Whitebeach. I'll fix that too. Also turned the crags into a magic area rather than slums, and renamed the docks the wharves - hope that's ok, but if your adventureres have already been to these places and you'd like them changed that isn't a problem.

All the best

Ravs

Sorry for being so slow! Traveling with little kids is so COMPLICATED! But I'm here now, and can do mapping & D&D stuff because I'm not useful for much else (my parents' house is at 2650 meters above sea level ).

Anyway! District by district edits:
    Ruler's Rise
    • Add foreign embassy and hall of petitioners (both can be parts of The Keep)
    • Add a temple to Erathis somewhere
    • Add an inn called The Goddess' Needle somewhere

Emoth's Knoll
    I'm not sure what Emoth's Palace is?
    Griffoncrest
    I see you moved the temple district down here, which is cool.
    • Major deities - Moradin, Pelor, Bahamut. Moradin's temple is largest and includes a forge and smithy.

The Crags
    The magic district is fine. I think it looks a lot more interesting than slum after slum! Temples should be to Avandra, Melora, The Raven Queen, and/or Sehanine.
    The Bluffwarrens
    The Feyisle
    • Add temple to Correllon
    • Add ruined palace

Correllon’s Torrent
    • Add a university; there is a temple to Ioun attached to the university. This is also the center of arcane magic in the town.

Whitebeach
    • Add homes - Dante's home and Soramar's home. (PCs)
    • Add coliseum (though this would be good in Deltashire too). Near the coliseum, wherever it is, should be a temple to Kord.

The Wharves
    • Add an Elemental temple
    • Make one of the neighborhood labels something like a "Genasi slum"

Tanner’s Quarter
    Deltashire

There are sewers, so various entrances or related buildings would be appropriate if you think they'd add to the map.
    Add parks in Feyisle, Whitebeach, and/or Correllon's Torrent
    Last edited by Duerma; 08-16-2009 at 08:06 PM.

Cool I'll make the amendments when you're finalised your thoughts. I've spent the morning making a textured version of the map (different style - it's prettier but not as legible) but tell me if you prefer this one.

With the coliseum, do you want two? Or just one in Deltashire?

best

Ravi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	090816 textured.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	3.21 MB 
ID:	15947  

Oh man Ravells... I am so glad you did a version with textures. I like this version much better I was almost dissappointed when you decided to drop the textures after your great start and decided to go with a more schematic version. It's really a living, organic place for me now!

(and I knew you would start tinkering with the map very quickly, even when you cursed it before - the beauty of a love/hate relationship )

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Dude that's cool. Lovin it.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I like the textured version better, though both are very well done.

Bravo Ravs!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast