Thread: Icebound Peaks - Please Critique

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map Icebound Peaks - Please Critique

Hey all, this is my first map that I am posting here, and it is one of the first maps I created using CC3. I created it for my D&D 3.5 campaign which I ran late last year, set in a world of my own creation which I also began developing last year. This map represents the region where my party adventured, but unfortunately I am not as well versed in learning and using CC3 yet as I am Fractal Terrains Pro.

This is the first version of this map. I am very unhappy with how the mountains look to just be sitting there without being blended into the map and I am still trying to figure out how to correct this. This map is of a winter region if you hadn't already guessed it, with the region being part of a continent located in the northern hemisphere of my world, with much of the continent at its north pole.

If there's any advice and/or criticism you can give me please just heap it on, I need all the help I can get. I know as it stands right now it looks pretty crappy but I am working on improving its look and mechanical soundness.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Icebound Peaks Map.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	600.4 KB 
ID:	14774