Thread: Maptools/Gimp Help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by DMTibernius View Post
    Alright so, I am trying to make some textures/tiles for maptools, and I have so far done the first half right, I made the LOOK like textures/tiles. Now the only problem is, each and every one of them has a white or black background. So in order to correct that, I downloaded GIMP. Now the NEW issue is, I read the manuel to gimp, followed the instructions, and yet still cannot make the textures/tiles backgrounds transparent (or topdown or w/e it's called)

So please, help. How do I make things backgrounds transparent on Gimp? (The simpler you can make it sound, the better. :p)
    File -> New

- Advanced Options
    Fill with: Transparency

Set the image size how you want it to be.

Hit OK, then paste the image.

Fuzzy Select Tool (hit U on your keyboard), select the white/black area, hit your delete key.

Save as PNG or GIF.

I'm not sure if there's a faster way to do it, I usually use PaintNET for simple stuff.
    Last edited by Cool as a Cucumber; 07-12-2009 at 07:10 PM.

*latches onto cucumber* *Hugs the FROCK out of him*

Sorry man, but yeah. This "little" issue has kept me awake for 2 days now (well that, and my insomnia) and had me going out of my mind on what NOW became a SIMPLE task.

So thankyou, thankyou, thankyou.... and also, by the way, THANK YOU!!!!

Happy to be a member here at the cartographers guild.

Blog Entries

You can give him some rep with the little scales icon - which I shall do now too...