Thread: First Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Well, a few suggestions... you may want to put some rivers leading into the lake, or it'll run dry pretty fast.

The shading on your mountains looks odd, like you've added shadows to the side of the mountains facing the light source (the left side, it'd seem) Maybe you were trying to blur the edges a bit and hit the layer rather than the mask? I think you should try to blur the edges, the mountains are pretty "glued on top" rather than looking like part of the land. Some foothills could help here as well.

The forest is nice, and your general colour scheme too. I think you could improve the southern forest by blurring the edges some more, and maybe add a drop shadow?

Oh, and the "wooden" border? Bleh.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

The main thing is the mountains need a bit of work. I disagree with adding a drop shadow to the forest. I think at this range you wouldn't be able to see a "shadow" beneath the forest, so I don't think it would help.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...