Quote Originally Posted by DaltonSpence
I've modified the map above rather than post a new version.
Quote Originally Posted by Eru
That said, you're not fooling anyone with this "observation tower" story. Who builds a mammoth, uber-defended structure like that just to observe a once-a-century land slide? Given the scale, this beast covers something like 16 times the square footage of the standard square keep from the CC2 symbol set. With around 30,000 square feet - per floor - protected by walls you could have accomodations for hundreds, maybe thousands, of soldiers. Oh yeah, you're planning an invasion of epic proportions no doubt.
I don't suppose I could convince you the extra space is just warehouse storage for goods in transit? :wink: Actually, I'm very new to designing castles, so I didn't consider the implications of its size (when I think "castle", I think "BIG"). Since the gatehouses on the bridges (and the river itself) already serve as an outer perimeter, the concentric design I originally considered isn't really needed. I'll change it later.
You know, in a fantasy world there are all sorts of reasons why a castle could be as large as it currently stands. However, if you do want to bring it down a touch, a real simple fix would be to modify the scale from 50 feet per square to 25. That would cut the square footage to 1/4 its current size.

Also, as it stands, your bridges are a full 20 - 30 feet wide, enough for heavy vehicle traffic (wagons or something similar) to be going in both directions at once. If there are hundreds of vehicles crossing the bridge each day in both directions, or the builder was extremely aggressive, that makes sense. However, if you mean for this to be somewhat out of the way, then a reduction in scale could work for you here too by decreasing the bridge width to 10 - 15 feet, limiting vehicle traffic to one direction at a time.

Anyway, modding the scale is always an option, and an incredibly easy one. Just change four little numbers and you're done! =)