I've modified the map above rather than post a new version.
Quote Originally Posted by Eru
That said, you're not fooling anyone with this "observation tower" story. Who builds a mammoth, uber-defended structure like that just to observe a once-a-century land slide? Given the scale, this beast covers something like 16 times the square footage of the standard square keep from the CC2 symbol set. With around 30,000 square feet - per floor - protected by walls you could have accomodations for hundreds, maybe thousands, of soldiers. Oh yeah, you're planning an invasion of epic proportions no doubt.
I don't suppose I could convince you the extra space is just warehouse storage for goods in transit? :wink: Actually, I'm very new to designing castles, so I didn't consider the implications of its size (when I think "castle", I think "BIG"). Since the gatehouses on the bridges (and the river itself) already serve as an outer perimeter, the concentric design I originally considered isn't really needed. I'll change it later.
Quote Originally Posted by RobA
Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller
The first thing I would suggest is making the rock that contains the waterfall raised up more. As it looks now, the rock appears to be at the same level and makes me wonder why the water just doesn't flow over it. Probably just apply a bevel to that sheet would work.
Another possible way to differentiate the downstream side of the falls is to draw in allot of turbulence and froth.
Ironically, the photo you included showed most of the turbulance above the falls. I'm not sure how to draw rapids and shoals with CC3. Any advice here would be appreciated.
Quote Originally Posted by Arcana
I figured out what else is bugging me about the map...the land and water fill styles are WAYYY too small and repetitive...switch to a VH style and force the repeat size in the fill style...its way too repetitive as it is. Still lookin good though.
I switched from Dungeon to Overland scale fills to fix that. The trick will be finding the correct Dungeon scale fills to match the Overland ones for the detail submaps. I'm also experimenting with sheet effects to define the edge of the Gorge. Currently I have a black overlay with an "Edge Fade, Inner" to produce an inner shadow and a white outer Glow to soften the edges. Not quite satisfied yet, but I'll keep working on it. Any ideas?

--

Dalton "who appreciates all of your helpful suggestions" Spence