Thread: Introduction and request for advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice

Sorry, I guess I left that out.

1-3 would be, I'm really interested in learning the hows and whys more than than just having it filled in for me. More than just some mountains and a forest, I'm interested in figuring out what features work in tandem with others based on proximity, climate, and such.

I know I'd like to have some of all the basic land types common the central Europe: mountains, volcanic soil for farming, forests, valleys, cliffs, rolling plains, a desert, etc.

4 The world is only about 500 years old, but I'm going with the "group of deities hand crafted it", so we can have whatever makes the most sense.

A long while ago, I just randomly dropped some simple color fields onto the outline, added some rivers, cities and connected them via "trade routes." It just didn't feel natural. I had no way to feel confident that things would form that way. Even with 'gods' doing the work, I wanted something that would hold up to my players. Instead, I kept this campaign on a back burner, and went with something else.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map07_04_224.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	131.7 KB 
ID:	478