Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to?

My little girl (4 in a couple of weeks) told me last week that I need to get some incy wincy spider on my ipod. I'm not getting anywhere with her liking metal... but I may have to start concentrating on infecting my 1 year old son's mind hehehehe.

Mount Savage, MD, USA, North America, America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group.

work up to it, play some of the great metal for kids stuff out there. trust me there is some. My sister (4 but as smart as a 6 year old... I'm serious right now we're working teaching her how to read time since she already can read and write a little, oh and she can do three quarter profiles in art.) anyways My Sister hasn't really listened to any metal, but one her favorite things to listen to is my Ramones Mania CD with 25 songs by The Ramones, And then she loves my Electronica. you can probably find theres a CD out there of Metal Bands covering Childrens Songs.
    "The Enemy's Gate Is Down" - Ender Wiggen, Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card

Software Used- ME v16, My Hands 1.0, My Brain

All Maps are either Copyright J.L.Odom and Bardic Fire Studios or under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License (Note it applies to all countries even though it's United States)

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm rocking to Dream Theater right now...ALWAYS good deep thought music there...you have to be a music geek to even comprehend some of their song structures...its too complicated for normal ears.

Lately I've been listening to a lot of (albums):

In Flames: A Sense of Purpose
    Gojira: From Mars to Sirius
    Kamelot: The Black Halo
    Testament: The Formation of Damnation
    Circle II Circle: Middle of Nowhere

Sepultallica9 - Play her some good power-metal...thats usually a good converter...some Kamelot, Rhapsody, Iced Earth, Blind Guardian, Cellador, etc....always good stuff. I'm tempted to make a D&D geek music awareness thread now...brt
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    WASP's "Headless Children"
    Changed my life forever.

EDIT: Changed my mind on the music awareness thread...this thread is pretty much that...and all my suggestions are on page 1.
    Last edited by Robbie; 06-06-2008 at 10:04 AM.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Guild Journeyer

Well my kids have gotten in uetero as well as half the time they get into the car with me.

If you put Black Sabbath's "Snowblind" on just before you push them around the driveway on thier tricycle, they start to link that awesome bass with happy memories. Pretty soon they love it.

I pulled them around on a wagon with a cassette tape player blasting. But the idea is the same.

If you are willing to split the time between "Wheels on the Bus" and "Blitzkreig" and make the transitions between them somewhat appropriate to the events at the time they make a connection in their little heads.

To this day when Blitzkreig comes on my son (Now, 15) starts talking about the time I took him for a ride on an ATV with the omnipresent music player strapped to the handlebars. I do everything to a soundtrack. It makes my life feels like a blockbuster movie.

Mount Savage, MD, USA, North America, America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group.

I still think metals a little intense, if anything Glam Metal... OH OH WAIT I GOT IT. "BICYCLE" BY QUEEN!!!!!!

All Maps are either Copyright J.L.Odom and Bardic Fire Studios or under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License (Note it applies to all countries even though it's United States)

Quote Originally Posted by Arkkeeper View Post
    I still think metals a little intense, if anything Glam Metal... OH OH WAIT I GOT IT. "BICYCLE" BY QUEEN!!!!!!
    I prefer "BIKE" by PINK FLOYD.

I'm going to have to go and listen to The Pipers at the Gates of Dawn now to get that song out of my head.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Ok I can tell I'm getting a bit old

Metal isn't my thing at all. When I'm mapping I want to listen to music which sends my mind mind to fantasylands. Film soundtracks, Classical, ambient music, gregorian

Among my favorits:

Era, Enigma, Vangelis, Dagda, Mark Knopfler.

Right now it's El Greco by Vangelis, a masterpeice to get my inspiration flowing.
    //Anna

Anna your not old at all, Like I said the best music for mapmaking, Is Pirate Music. Not only can it be beautiful, but also funny or just plain wrong. the most inappropiate song ever recorded is a pirate chanty called "The Good Ship Venus" I'll just give you the first Verse: "On the good ship venus, by christ you should've seen us, the figurehead was a {censored} in bed, {censored} a {censored} {censored}, {Censored} {Censored} you know what lets just censor the whole thing.
    Last edited by Arkkeeper; 06-08-2008 at 05:11 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast