Thread: Old School Dungeon - The Necromancer's Garden

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yeah, those look great! I'm always intrigued by side view maps, but I don't know how to draw them. For example, the Lich map has some odd shapes. How do you transfer that info to the regular map, or is it for aesthetics? If so, then mission accomplished.

The liche lord map is the end result of a game of "How to Host a Dungeon" (a solo dungeon design / evolution game by Tony Dowler) so it has a lot of interesting side view shapes put there to identify various sections of the dungeon. I don't know what I would do about them if I were to map the various sections out from above, to be honest.
    Dyson's Dodecahedron
    an RPG blog, with a few maps

Pretty much all my maps are drawn by hand - ink on paper - and then scanned and contrast-enhanced

Quote Originally Posted by Dyson Logos View Post
    it has a lot of interesting side view shapes put there to identify various sections of the dungeon.
    Actually, that works for me. It helps with visualizing it and makes me include more than the standard 10' high walls. I think I'm getting it now and will try it for my next B/X game. Thanks.