Thread: Area map for D&D

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This is only my second map. It doesn't hold a candle to some of the beautiful maps I've seen. This map is purely the result of some of the best tutes I have ever read (and my new wacom tablet)

Thanks guys, ya'll are awesom!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

This is a great lil map, lots of character. The rivers look fine except I think I see what yer gettin at with the stroke covering them up partially at the coast. To get rid of that I would make a new layer on top of the land, then grab a brush and paint in some blue to cover that stroke. This is the easiest and fastest way and I know of at least three other ways to fix it but they all take a lot of time to explain and to do and usually just confuse people...so just paint some blue on a new layer to cover it up The only thing I might suggest is to make the forests just a tad darker, not too much just a skosh (or however you spell it) because we don't want to ruin the faded look, just make em pop a lil more. Might do the same on the hills and maybe add some hatching to shade em. I'm still gonna rep ya for it cuz I can't seem to get myself to simplify and make nice maps like this.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps