Thread: Fogdown - Redux

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wow, I put Fogdown in my 'Creation and depiction' tutorial as an example of great city building....so wonderful if you're going to improve it even further.

Your base is the kind of base that I use for the lazyman's city, but check this thread out.

Alfar has kindly made a 'context free' program which will make some interesting shaped buildings to break up the monotony of the voronoi / mosaic shapes, which I think will work excellently at this scale.

Please post lots of WIPs Redstar. My mapmaking is on hiatus while I'm waiting for a new computer to arrive (Thursday...hurrah!) and I'll be making a city quite closely aligned to the same principles you're using for Fogdown redux. I made a start here until my computer packed in...so I'd love to compare notes as I/we progress in our work.

All the best

Ravs

@ravells

That's funny, it was your commissioned piece that got me thinking of ways to redo the Fogdown map! I love this site... I saw the deception pdf just the other day, I'm glad Fogdown could be used to help other folks out! I'm also glad you give fair warning for the "close up maps", noting that it can take days. I hoping the Lazy Man technique can let me focus more on details and not on layouts. There is a strange zen to drawing squares though...

That context free render script looks like it can come in handy. I'll be sure to post plenty o' WIPs as I go along -- partly to sedate your mapping fix, partly to hear what folks think