Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
... as you increase in altitude things tend to take on a blu-ish cast.
That's actually really good to know! This isn't a map that I'm working on. It was just my attempt at answering a new poster over at Profantasy about how to create the effect. Hopefully he'll make it over here and get to read your comments.

CC3 is a very powerful application (based on the Fast Cad platform) but it's also very limited in certain aspects. There are a lot of things I would change about the map if it were my own project. Shadows would fall differently based on elevation of both the landmass creating the shadow and anything it hits on it's path to the vanishing point. Differing levels of blur based upon proximity of obstacle being one of the first changes.

The style above works really well for floating landmasses over a static background like an ocean or even another landmass. For floating over clouds or any varying elevation CC3 either doesn't have or I don't know how to use the tools necessary for placing shadows over a rolling substance such as clouds i.e. Bump Mapping or Height mapping, etc.