Thread: New Dawn of the West (redesign)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Ok, the new landmass is in, it went very smoothly (though I'm working at 3000x3000, i think the file you sent me was about half that, lol - still the resizing worked nicely for the landmass and rivers) oh, and the decorations didn't need any adjusting whatsoever, they look like they were placed specifically for this landmass.. we win!

I'm going to totally redo the mountains and foliage etc. The challenge with this is going to be conveying the terrain from your hex map somewhat accurately while not crowding things, and still leaving room for the text (hence the 3k size, but still..)

I was going to make the PSD available for you to putter with if you wanted, but then I realized the stripped down version (with all the spare layers etc deleted instead of just hiding like i usually do - i hate deleting things) is 126 megs *choke*

Looking at some of the other maps on this site, I imagine that's not unheard of, however this is a first for me (it doesn't seem that long ago that I had my first computer, heh.. and I remember at one point thinking wow! i have a 100 meg hard drive! how will I ever fill that up???)

Ok, I need to make some salsa so the flavour has a chance to settle and be ready for dinner, then it's back to work!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	working.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.99 MB 
ID:	15276