Thread: Hello, here is my first map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Good stuff. Two quick, minor things to think about for your next map...make the rivers more "squiggly" and not so straight and also make them vary in width (give the rivers some bulges here n there).
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Applicant

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Good stuff. Two quick, minor things to think about for your next map...make the rivers more "squiggly" and not so straight and also make them vary in width (give the rivers some bulges here n there).
    Thanks! One for the great tutorial, and two for the advice, I zoomed in and was working on towns, but I found that the lakes have a bunch of "squiggles" which makes it look off, so I am re-doing the map now that I have the hang of it...Again, thanks for the awesome tutorial it was a big help!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected DethinBlack's Avatar

Welcome to the guild!

Awesome first map, I have to agree Coyote, the rivers really help put it in perspective!