Thread: DnD Campaign Map de Nuevo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I was going to mention the numbers but Sig beat me to that. And then I was going to say lighten the blue river but since you're the only one looking at it then I guess that's just fine. Personally, I like it a lot and can see how you could whip up something like this in fairly short order and be ready to roll.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Map Level 2

So, put together the next level of the cave system, and here it is, to a usable state. Took Ascension's advice about lightening the water a bit, and I agree, it looks much better.

Tried not to go overboard with the setpieces - barrels, crates, torches, etc. It's hard for me to fight the urge to clutter the map almost to unreadability with tiny 5x5 pixel sticks of furniture. Also reduced the size of my numbering, trying to keep in mind that I'm posting these things for other people to look at or use, and obscuring 1/3 of the map with big white bubbles kinda defeats the purpose.

The northern end of the underground pool is supposed to be fed by a small waterfall, or spring - and though I tried a few different methods of making this apparent, I had trouble finding one that read easily, short of hand-drawing it in. Any suggestions?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GoblinWarrenLv2.jpg 
Views:	482 
Size:	688.5 KB 
ID:	15443

Level 3 of this particular cavern system - leading to an underground river chase sequence. Should be good fun.

It occurs to me that this thread would be better placed in Dungeons/Subterranean. If a mod concurs, I'd be happy to have it shifted. I tend to overlook important details, like the correct place to start a new thread, at four in the AM. This is something I will endeavor to remedy in the future.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GoblinWarrenLv3.jpg 
Views:	456 
Size:	563.7 KB 
ID:	15876