Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: [Award Winner] Photoshop Town Tutorial

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I never finished it with screenshots and pics. This was a rush job to help folks out with a challenge we had a few months back.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Hmm, I'm having trouble downloading the file, I click it and then nothing happens...
    Nelde Cormar Eldatárin nu Tarmenel
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic19155_1.gif

Yeah, the attachments system is messed up right now.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

Any chance you'll get around to finishing this tutorial, or is it deceased?

The descriptions in the word file are detailed enough to get me drooling for more, but they would certainly benefit from pics.
    Last edited by Natai; 05-12-2010 at 10:43 AM.

Actually, I've been thinking about updating it with new techniques and putting pics in but, man, doing cities is a huge time sink and making a tut for it is ten times worse. It's not dead by any means but version 2.0 is way down the pipe right now.

I am creating a WIP thread to mirror the contents of the tutorial, please follow along and correct my (likely copious) mistakes.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...l-Follow-Along

Just finished reading through this tut Ascension and it looks to be the best I've seen for towns thus far. All I can say is, I wish someone would have figured out how to translate it over to GIMP by now. But regardless, have a little rep for taking the time to share this with the community.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Hey, man, thanks.

I agree Ascension this is a brilliant Tut that gave me many good technique's.

Thanks, man. One day I hope to come back to this and put in screenshots.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast