Thread: Hearthstone Saga - WIP

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip

One quick update for now, then it's off to get some rest before hitting the road. Dropped in the coastal mountain range. Haven't settled on a name for them just yet, but, as I had hoped (and planned), they created a nice valley that has a southern break to the coast as well as a narrower northern break. It will be interesting to see where Wilbur decides to place the rivers after the erosion cycles are completed.

As before, the coloring is still in its rough stages and very basic to keep land forms identifiable. Once everything is placed, land form wise, I'll work out the coloring scheme a bit better and may include a few distribution maps just to highlight certain areas. Still pretty happy with the progress though, and still fairly happy with the results.

As it stands now, I'm going to have to look at potential locations for other mountainous areas. If anyone has suggestions in this regard, I'm all ears (or eyes, as the case may be).

GW

P.S. I did render things a bit larger this time for a little more detail. I'm currently saving the .ter files at a smaller size for speed of rendering. When I'm ready to render the final map, I'll push the .ter file size up to maximum and render at a fairly large scale for maximum detail.

P.P.S. The only thing I'm not happy with is the beaches. They got expanded in this render, but I think I forgot to adjust my fuzziness setting on their elevation constraints before I rendered. I'll have to look into it when I get the next major edit done.
    Last edited by Greason Wolfe; 08-03-2009 at 06:45 PM.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges