Thread: Grand Hall (City)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member

And now we have lots of roads. Lots and lots.

I tried to have a different feel via layout for the halfling, dwarven and dragonborn sections of the city. I think I was relatively successful.

As for the abandoned sections, I decided that of course they're not quite as abandoned as people assume. We've got robbers, social outcasts, and of course minotaurs and vampires roaming around.

What. . . that's normal right?

I decided while drawing that at one point the city government declared abandoned property fair game. People can pick through it for possessions or even tear it apart for building material with no repercussions.

While most abandoned buildings have been ransacked several times, poor people who don't have allot of options still go looking for things with hope. Which leaves them easy prey for rouges and things that go bump in the night.

The more far away from inhabited homes you go the less the layout makes sense. Its not due to large, oddly shaped buildings. Instead the buildings are falling apart, or being torn apart, and blocking roads and alleys. This is not the case near the dwarven district as those buildings are a bit sturdier and when dwarves scavenge for material they do so intelligently and don't leave much mess.

There's also a cult of Baphomet which has been purposely making the streets more labyrinth like to trap people. They of course are also responsible for the minotaurs.

Back to the tutorial!

Guild Member

There we go. Almost done.

I'm actually printing it out like this, in case I am running on Sunday.

World of difference between this and the last file eh?

I like it. Haven't decided quite what to do next.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GrandHall9.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	802.6 KB 
ID:	15640  

Guild Member

Added Farms, labels, a key, a border, redid some key buildings, added a couple of effects.

I think I'm done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GrandHall10.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	854.6 KB 
ID:	15786