Thread: My World - Arillian [WIP]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

@Gandwarf

Yeah, it seems the labelling is pretty decent at a higher map size, not sure why that is. For instance, the smaller cities text is a height of 45, on the smaller map, it was 15. The fantasy overland set is good stuff, I use the annuals fantasy worlds, SS1, and default CC3 and mix it all up

@Coyotemax

Yah, Here is 1024 by 1024

1024x1024

I think I will just scrap the 960 requirement, and use a tiling approach similar to google maps so I can load any map regardless of size. My viewing window will probably be 800x600, and I wil just let the map slide around in it. I like the ability for people to scroll throuh the map and see everything in detaiil, with the added benefit that I can add a lot more detail , like dungeons, crypts, magical sites and the like.

@AslanC

Thanks! Corica is the only notable Human presence on Krava, and I wanted a name that sounded noblish, well it does to me

@ All

I updated my map, apparently, ZWIN got pasted into the forest mid map somehow, maybe the map was tyring to tell me something! I got rid of that and also colored the Dead Woods to a darker shade. I created a new sheet for dead forests, and added a transparency and Adjust Hue. Hmm, now to look at our good friend Kromgor!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Corica_3000.PNG 
Views:	68 
Size:	2.92 MB 
ID:	15610  
    Last edited by Skaryn; 08-07-2009 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Fixed Image URl for 1024x1024