Thread: The Capital

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This was quickly thrown together over lunch to get a sense of scale. I seem to have got things about right now. I should be looking at 1 pixel is 1 foot I hope which makes teh wider roads about 30 feet wide and the smaller roads 15 feet wide.

I have lots of tweaks to do on the coastline and the roads aren't in their final position but it's nice to see roughly where they will go.

As for how the history will effect the build I'm aiming to draw each section of the city as it's built in the hope that you'll be able to tell that the wooden palisade outside the main stone walls was built at a later date etc. Obviously I wouldn't double up my work by drawing the original wooden palisade around the keep although some sections within the stone walled area might retain the original walls.

I'm also wondering if swapping the poor folk and the middle class folk around is a good idea. Originally I had the poor folk in the low level pop centre but they will probably be working in the market and so would have to travel daily through the barracks which doesn't feel right. If I treat it like The Sims and have the low level pop centre being where the rich folk live then it might work a bit better. Anyway..one of many things to think about.

As I say...quick run through of the tutorial to get things moving and I'll get stuck into the rest as well as the tweaks as and when I can. As a side note the image attached is half the size of the original as I couldn't get it to save as a jpeg otherwise (kept getting scratch disc errors).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capital copy.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	985.3 KB 
ID:	15811  
    Last edited by Bobzilla; 08-12-2009 at 08:34 AM.

Guild Member

You could even put in a separate walk, around the barracks if you really wanted to keep people segregated. That would certainly give it a feel of a harsh military town.

How easy is it for people to come and go between the sections?

Can anyone go through the barracks and into the keep, or are we looking at strict inspections, possibly paperwork at each gate/