Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Westeros - a fan project

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hadn't seen the latest development, congratz Tear, its well deserved indeed
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

whoa this map is amazing, just reading the books now and this map makes the book 10 times better! congratz aswell

123qwe

Quote Originally Posted by Tear View Post
    Okay. Here is what happened.
    Focus, the publisher of the french game developer Cyanide contacted me and asked if they could use my map for their game "Game of Thrones - Genesis".
    I said no, because it is George's world.
    Then George sent me a mail telling me it is my call.
    So I gave them permission.
    They will probably do a trailer and maybe a printed map for the collector's edition. No promises, though.
    This is still a non-profit non-exclusive fan project. It istill perfectly legal to print this map for personal purposes.
    Feel free to hang the map in your gaming room.
    any chance you can release the map under the cc by-nc-sa 3.0/ license, inshort it say that anyone are free to share and use the map for non non-commercial purpose provided that they attribute it tto you...

also what about an expansion I would really love to see Essos show up on your map !!

^ that would be handy for our fan project, but an expatiation to the map would be just priceless for anyone who goes over the book!

This is absolutely phenomenal. Everything I aspire to.

This is the kind of work that inspires a beginner like myself. Absolutely stunning!

Which font did he use on that map. Seems to that there are two different ones. I know them but can't remember their names.

Pretty fergilicious map.

Tear, I am less a beginner in the art mapping, but this does not stop me to admire your work. I was impressed when I first saw in 2010. Now I'm even more impressed because I know that the map was made in 2009. I hope you refine more and who is already working in the construction of other continents (Essos and Sothoryos) of A Song of Ice and Fire by GRRM. Congratulations.
    Last edited by Benaion; 01-27-2012 at 09:53 AM.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast