Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Westeros - a fan project

This map is truly awesome !

Is it possible to have a version without typo, or with a typo I can edit ?

I had the bad idea to read the book in my mother tongue, French, and every location has a different name...
    I'd like to traduce the map, because in French, there's only that available...

Some names have a really surprising translation :

for example :

Summerhall -> Lestival
    Evenfall Hall -> La Vesprée
    Night Song -> Séréna

So it's quite hard for us to use this wonderful map while reading. A shame !

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow, congrats to tear, and cool to hear that there is a tv series on the way
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Indeed, the map that got me of my bahookie and registered here.

Some more info from someone who visited the HBO production offices whilst they were shooting the TV series, and had Tear's map on display:

Bryan Cogman conducted me into the art department’s offices, where I saw a gentleman—I’m afraid I did not catch his name—with some absolutely gorgeous maps on his desk that were done in a period sort of style. I know one of them featured the region in which the westerlands and the riverlands border one another, and another was more of a map of the whole realm. Truly beautiful, and I hope HBO considers turning these into posters if maps are within their licenses (as an aside, among the many things I saw on the walls was this fan map by Tear, which it turned out had been something George had sent to the production and which they said had been very useful in understanding where things were).

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

On a related topic - 'Dance With Dragons' scheduled to be released in July 2011 - Yeah!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

yeah indeed... anyone know if that is the final one?
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

No, no it's not. I think that as of now, 7 are planned ... . And let us see if he really makes the date. I mean, I guess we will see a book in July...question is...will it be the whole of ADwD or will he split it again (so as not to miss the published release date)...

Anyway, Tear's map is absolutely stunning. I have a printed version of it at my games...it looks even better on real paper
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Blog Entries

Aye, the one after this one will be called "The Winds of Winter" and the last one will be called "A Dream of Spring" if memory serves.

And Eilathen, he had better not split it again as this one was supposed to be the other half of Feast For Crows when he split that one. If he splits it we will only have a quarter of the characters.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Blog Entries

hmmmm... I thought about waiting till the end and then read them all in a row, there are so many names to remember and they fade away when I haven't read the books for 1-2 years...
    regs tilt

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Naw, don't do that .... rereading the series before each book is part of the fun!!

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast