Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Westeros - a fan project

Hello all, first time poster here, and I registered with the express purpose of asking this question:

Does anyone have a copy of this map without any of the text or city markers? (river names, city names, key, the towers of the wall, etc. No text whatsoever)

I'm putting together my own homebrew board/card game based on Game of Thrones, and I want to use this map as the board. However, I'd like to put the labels on myself, as the game tiles.

I've tried removing them myself, and it looked... well, it wasn't pretty.

Thanks!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I'm sure Tear has a copy, or can make one, since he made it but we don't see him too much anymore.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    I'm sure Tear has a copy, or can make one, since he made it but we don't see him too much anymore.
    I was going to offer that if he didn't want to go through the trouble of deleting the text, he could send over the working file (with layers) and I could delete it myself, but I wasn't sure if it would be considered rude to ask someone for their wips and raw data.

[edit] typing that up gave me an idea, and I just checked. Unfortunately, he didn't post this map in the 'works in progress' forum at some stage of completeness that I could use.

Now when you say "don't see him too much anymore", there's not much chance of me finding what I need, is there?
    Last edited by MazrimTaim; 08-08-2011 at 01:21 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@mazrimT :if you have 5 post you can send private messages to people - he might have set up his account to send him a mail when he gets a PM
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

filesplz

That's to bad, I love his map and was hoping that someday it would include the whole world, similar to this

filesplz

That's to bad, I love his map and was hoping that one day it will include the whole word, something like this

That's a really cool mashup of all the separate maps from the books.

I did find a map that works for me, though. Should I upload the game map I created here, or in its own thread in the WIP forum?

[edit] or in the game boards forum?

I would suggest if it you still work on it, post it as a WIP if it is fnished and it is a game board, post it there
    But anyway start your own thread with your own title.

Looking forward to your version of Westeros,
    >Moe
    If I stare at the country long enough
    I can prise it off the paper,
    lift it like a flap of skin.
    - Moniza Alvi, 1993 -

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    I would suggest if it you still work on it, post it as a WIP if it is fnished and it is a game board, post it there
    But anyway start your own thread with your own title.

Looking forward to your version of Westeros,
    >Moe
    I'll upload it as soon as I get home, then.

[edit] ok, here it is: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...rew-board-game.

And now that I've derailed this thread enough, so now that I have my own thread, we can all go back to drooling over Tear's map.
    Last edited by MazrimTaim; 08-16-2011 at 07:34 PM.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Hey Tear, I'm not sure if you have a DeviantArt account or not, but I stumbled across this over there. I'm fairly sure that's not you, in which case, you may want to raise holy hell.

On the other hand, if it is you, then never mind.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast