Thread: Westeros - a fan project

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Brutally good.

I don't have the old Guardians of Order version of the RPG anymore, but as I recall this more than rivals the map they included in their version.
    Dyson's Dodecahedron
    an RPG blog, with a few maps

Pretty much all my maps are drawn by hand - ink on paper - and then scanned and contrast-enhanced

Quote Originally Posted by Dyson Logos View Post
    Brutally good.

I don't have the old Guardians of Order version of the RPG anymore, but as I recall this more than rivals the map they included in their version.
    Aside from the basic quality of the map, the GOO version came out before A FEAST FOR CROWS, which put a load more locations on the map. So this version not only looks better (although the GOO one is still nice) but it's also a lot more complete. I can't see any locations that have been missed.

The only slight improvement I can suggest might be naming the mountain ranges? The Red Mountains, Mountains of the Moon and Frostfangs are all unlabelled on this map.

EDIT: Very minor typo. House Marbrand's castle is 'Ashemark', not 'Ashenmark'.

I can't see any other errors. DRAGON Magazine did a supposedly professional map of Westeros once and it was riddled with typos and castles in the wrong place. This one wipes the floor with it
    Last edited by Werthead; 08-14-2009 at 11:11 PM.