Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Word document map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A fabulous tutorial.

Okay, carrying on from my last tutorial post, having plastered the map with text boxes and now with Wordart labels, we're almost finished. I discovered that formating your Wordart label is not as useful as I'd hoped and the changes you can make to the format are practically pointless.
    I DID however learn that if you haven't left yourself room for a label without the text being obscured by backgound, you can insert a text box and leave it blank! Now youcan drop a pretty Wordart label over top of the blank text box and no one will know the difference. If you look at the attachment, you can see where the Kingdom of the Lizard folk label is was all swampy background. Drop a blank text box on it, put your Wordart in the blank spot and it works fine! You can even go back to the text box so that the border is nice and snug against the new label.
    Attached Files Attached Files

One of the last things to talk about are the roads and what to do if you want to add one which happened to me on the first map.
    I purposely left a road off so as to show how to add one. In the draw fuction one of the tabs is Auto shape. I chose cuved line and slowly and carefully plotted out my new road. After dropping the road I increased the line weight from the line style tab to match the drawn roads on the map and chose the dash pattern from the selection of dash styles to match the existing ones on the map. A quick Wordart label addition and the map is done!

Post 3rd map

Here's the third installment in the word document map series. Hope you like it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12