Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dyson's Old School Maps & Experiments

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

RobA - that's a pretty sweet hatching effect. Almost makes me consider doing this by computer instead of by hand.

- - -

This week we have Fort Tenras, an abandoned fort I used for a side-quest in a recent game.

More details are on my blog.

Dyson's Dodecahedron
    an RPG blog, with a few maps

Pretty much all my maps are drawn by hand - ink on paper - and then scanned and contrast-enhanced

The latest is up at my blog - a set of secret tunnels and old passages and basements attached to the sewers. This is actually my re-imagining of the layout and environment of a game I played in. More details are available of course at my blog.

Dyson's Dodecahedron

Pretty much all my maps are drawn by hand - ink on paper - and then scanned and contrast-enhanced

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I like that one, nice stuff.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

That's a great cave system. Thanks for posting!

Threw this one together for a collaborative dungeon stocking game on another forum. I've been watching Stargate SG-1 from the beginning and this was drawn while trying to ignore how horrible the last two episodes of season 2 were.

Drawn in 0.7mm gel pen on graph paper, contrast-enhanced and keyed in photoshop.

Dyson's Dodecahedron

Those are awesome! (And they've made me determined to include cross-section maps with my multi-level dungeons from now on...)

Quote Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
    Those are awesome! (And they've made me determined to include cross-section maps with my multi-level dungeons from now on...)
    I'm a cross-section dungeon junky. I love them.
    Dyson's Dodecahedron

Very cool maps! Love the old school style! The shading technique is very cool. I remember as a kid reading Savage Sword of Conan and John Buscema used that kind of shading a lot and it always fascinated me.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Awesome.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

The trouble with all these gaming maps is for a game novice like me I just itch with envy at all the enjoyment I am not having. Classic MMS (might miss something)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123