I used a colour of the rainbow for each of the seven realms:

RED: Esdrath, THE WITCH-QUEEN'S DOMAIN
ORANGE: The Deepheart DWARVEN MINES
YELLOW: THE HORSEPLAINS of Ruhn
GREEN: THE ELVENHOME of Llandor
BLUE: The Narabar PIRATE COVES
INDIGO: THE GIANTS' COAST of Nordheim
VIOLET: THE KINGDOM of Highcrest

The isle of Greenstone is named after the large, moss-covered boulder at its centre that was the site of the first pact between men, dwarves and elves.

To continue the rainbow theme, the characters are seeking seven ancient treasures (Sword, Shield, Helm, Magic Map, Ring, Cloak and Belt), one for each colour, that were once used to defeat the Shadow-King and which must now be used to overcome the Witch-Queen, his daughter.

The 'magic map' (the Green treasure) may sound out of place compared to the others, but it can reveal the locations of the other six... and allows the characters to teleport to that location (or nearby)...

Arcane magic is divided into seven colour types; arcane magic-users who are focussed on one colour are called "Wizards" (e.g. Enchanters are Blue Wizards, Diviners are Green Wizards), but those who use magic from all seven Schools are called "Mages", and wear white robes (since combining all seven colours gives white). There is a forbidden school of magic use which is, of course, the black school, necromancy.

Divine magic is also linked to colours and the number seven - there are two main gods (Astra, of Good [white]; and Umbra, of Evil [black]), both of these have seven lesser gods as followers: Saints for Astra and Scions for Umbra.

There are also seven colours of dragons.... as well as undead dragons (or Dracoliches), aslo called Black Dragons. There are rumours that in the far past the Silver Dragons were corrupted to create the seven chromatic types...

Carl Green (Caen)
Nice, I like that map. Have your players explored most of it?

This is similar to the set up I'm using. Each of my kid's characters is associated with a color, 2 for each color, 12 colors arranged in a rainbow scheme. Each color is associated with a magic quality. We have humans, elves/drow, dwarfs, orcs, gnomes, mrrengar (cat people), Karvuo (dog people), nezumi, Khevar (reptilians), draconians, dryads, sinfae (a type of fairy) and some other races which aren't part of the PC races.

We have several types of dragons, and most of them can be any color. We also have 12 elements.

The large kingdom I'm still designing is split in 13 regions, 12 over the ground referred to by name of the hour (Realm of the 1st hour etc) because the rightful rulers used to be time mages. The 13th realm (in saying always referred to as the 13th hour) is underground, even under the dwarf spaces, and is occupied by former devils and demons searching to redeem themselves. Mostly them trying to help causes more chaos, and they tell bad jokes. But their existence has been forgotten.

For each color, there are two missing items. A coil of rope, a hat, a brush, a storm light, a lighter, a bow, a walking cane, a staff, an incense burner, a belt, a set of boots, a pocket mirror, a hammer, a bracelet, a ring, an amulet, a pair of glasses, gloves, a dagger, a cloak, a chalice, a compass, a pocket watch and a night pot

This all belongs to the arch mage who needs to be recalled to help freeing the kingdom.